Friday, February 2, 2018

week 2

For this weeks yoga session, I went to a place around me called Grace and Glory yoga in Northfield. I probably should of done my research on Bikram yoga, since we were discussing it in class I thought I'd give it a shot. WELL! come to find out they set the room at 100 degrees with humidifiers scattered around the room. Turned fans off, closed all windows and doors and off they went with their practice. It was much harder for me personally than my last weeks session. This was more of a "workout" than before. It was a lot of strengthening positions and I am not the one who can balance on my hands with my knees tucked under my armpits. My instructor Brittany first had us lay out our mats and sit down and start to om. Then jumped right into the practice. She came around and would push us deeper into the position. As she was walking around she was talking and to be completely honest I had no idea what she was talking about. All I was concentrating on was how hot I am and how these positions are incredibly hard.

What makes this place a sacred place would be the vibe they give off to each person. When you first walk into the studio you kind of get this sense of calming. Everyone coming into the reception to sign in is friendly with each other. I felt very welcoming on my first time they asked for my information, why I wanted to try yoga, if i have ever tried before, and if I have any medical conditions they need to be aware of. When you walked into the room where the practice takes place the lights were dimmed the fans going very slowly people laying on their mats, eyes closed, in pure relaxation. For my next week's class I think I'm going to try something a little different a little less exercise and a little more meditation. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

week 14

This weeks prompt is  What is the role of the body? How is the body approached and how is the body seen as a vehicle for experience of the d...