Friday, February 9, 2018

week 3

As we practiced bikram yoga in class on Thursday, it was different than the one I practiced. I again did bikram yoga at Grace and Glory with Brittany in Northfield. The bikram in class on Thursday was not as intense as the one at Grace and Glory. The instructor that came into class, he name was Kris. Kris went through the poses nice and slow and didn't rush through. At Grace and Glory, we rush through them as its just one big motion. I can not keep up and it's hard enough with sweating bullets slipping all over the mat. On Thursdays class it was more of a strengthening practice to me. At Grace and Glory yoga is interpreted at exercise, in my opinion, there isn't much time to "relax" and focus on our breaths. Sure maybe once I get the positions down and can understand what they are talking about then sure maybe it'll be relaxing. But for my, bikram yoga is a form of exercise. I would prefer doing Kris's form of bikram. Still need to practice more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

week 14

This weeks prompt is  What is the role of the body? How is the body approached and how is the body seen as a vehicle for experience of the d...